ONLINE VIDEO: Navigating the College Landscape: Preparing High School Students With Attention Differences For The Transition
Navigating the college process can be overwhelming for most students, but it’s a particularly daunting challenge for those with learning and attention disorders. Bottom line? There is no test for your student to take to score college readiness. And if you need more proof? According to the NCES (2020), 72% of post-secondary students with a disability drop out of college. Staggering, right?
I feel your worry and concern. I vividly remember watching my son navigate the transition from high school to college and all the responsibilities that came with it. A wise man once told me that college is 70% life skills and 30% study skills, and it’s that 70% that sets you up for success in both learning and in life. To this day, I believe that to be true.
Academic skills are super important; don’t get me wrong. But in my experience, they are more easily learned than life skills. As an Academic/Life coach for college students with ADHD and LD, I’ve seen my coaching students learn effective study skills. However, in my experience, day-to-day success tends to flow most from the life skills I help my students establish.
Topics in this 1- Hour ONLINE VIDEO Include:
- Navigating the college’s Student/Disability Office and the essential questions needed to be asked.
- Demystifying college accommodations – or why your student can’t bring his IEP to college -- and breakdown the supports and accommodations that may be available.
- The essential life and school skills needed for student success OR how to truly measure college readiness.
- How to utilize the college’s academic and tutoring resources and accommodations and get your student to use them!
- Learning how to find the perfect academic coach and integrate them into your student’s college life.
- The REAL college dorm, school, and supply list NOT found at Bed, Bath and Beyond, and my ONE out-of-the-box tip to make the transition seamless.
CHECK OUT THIS SNEAK PEEK OF THE ONLINE VIDEO!
HERE'S HOW TO WATCH YOUR VIDEO:
- After you complete the checkout process you will have IMMEDIATE access to watch this video online, as long as you are logged into your Customer Account. Full instructions and access to the video viewing pages can be found on YOUR VIDEOS page.
- At checkout, you will get a link to download our QUICK START GUIDE of step-by-step instructions.
- There is NO VIEWING LIMIT. Watch and rewatch the videos you have purchased as many times as you like.
- PLEASE NOTE: All videos you have purchased access to are available to watch online in YOUR Learning Library.
What People Are Saying...
"My daughter started weeping at 10PM on a Sunday night and I used your "parade of miserables" idea to calm her down and walk her backward through the issue (and through many twists and turns) until I got to the crux of the matter. In the past, I would’ve been completely flummoxed and instead, I was empowered with the right tool to be there to support her. Thank you again for all that you do!" -- Sherri R.
"I just wanted to Thank you so much for your Webinar on Homework. I have NEVER had a webinar, class or talk HELP ME MORE THAN YOUR HOMEWORK WEBINAR. I can't Thank you enough. The most valuable part of the webinar for me was on How Much HELP should I give my child...I watched the webinar a second time with my daughter and she hugged me for showing it to her." -- Barbara L.
"Wow…you hit it out of the park tonight…one of the best classes I’ve ever taken!! Thank you for sharing your experiences, knowledge, and incredible insight." -- Joani H.
"I am only 15 minutes into your webinar and I am amazed at what I have learned so far. You're incredible and the slide Does this Sound Like Your child? Describes my child perfectly. Everything on the card is her. She has all of them. I had to pause it because we have to go to our Cognitive Behavioral Therapist appointment. I tell everyone about your site and your products. Your planner is incredible to. I am so grateful that I found you." -- Happy Parent
"What a great webinar you hosted! It was very informative and helpful, and has me looking at things completely differently. Looking forward to future webinars, and thanks again for the wonderful information!" -- Webinar participant
We Also Recommend
FREE ONLINE VIDEO: The Student Coaches' Corner - How To Build a Successful Student in the 21st Century
ONLINE VIDEO: Executive Functions 201 - Thriving and Surviving Parenting a Child with Executive Dysfunction