ONLINE VIDEO: The Overwhelmed Child - Tips & Tools for Parenting a Child with BIG Emotions
INCLUDES BRAND NEW BONUS CONTENT!
Helping an overwhelmed child can be, well, overwhelming. Especially for you! As a parent, you may feel frustrated by your child’s inconsistent mood swings or temper tantrums. Or concerned that one minute your child feels calm and happy, and the next overloaded and withdrawn. When kids are overwhelmed, they may become explosive, or defiant. Some might complain they don’t feel well or struggle in school. Others become highly sensitive and cut themselves off from friends and family. All these behaviors are signs that your child is overwhelmed by their feelings.
In this ONLINE VIDEO — Leslie dives into the reasons behind your child’s overwhelm. She offers up tips and tools FOR YOU to use so you can help your child regulate their emotions and behaviors. She teaches you the exact cutting-edge practices she teaches her parent coaching clients, so you have the necessary techniques to manage the overload and reduce the overwhelm.
Topics in this one-hour ONLINE VIDEO include:
- Understanding why when your child is overwhelmed they exhibit flight, fight, freeze, or fib behaviors.
- Using appropriate parent-led language to communicate effectively with your overwhelmed child.
- Techniques to build the problem-solving “muscle” in your overwhelmed child.
- The impact of the “TOO” syndrome on your child and how it affects their overloaded brain...and effective strategies to use to help.
And So Much More!
CHECK OUT A SNEAK PEEK!
HERE'S HOW TO WATCH YOUR VIDEO ONLINE:
- After you complete the check out process you will have IMMEDIATE access to watch these videos online, as long as you are logged into your Customer Account. Full instructions and access to the video viewing pages can be found on YOUR VIDEOS page.
- At checkout you will get a link to download our QUICK START GUIDE of step-by-step instructions.
- There is NO VIEWING LIMIT. Watch and re-watch the videos you have purchased as many times as you like.
- PLEASE NOTE: If you have previously purchased this as a VIDEO DOWNLOAD, YOU DO NOT NEED TO PURCHASE IT AGAIN. All of your videos are available to watch online in YOUR Learning Library.
What People Are Saying...
"I have a (too) child. I loved how you explained this. There's always something going on under the surface, they don't just want to wake up and upset you. I need to remember and embrace this. The bucket analogy really spoke to me. My kids are holding it together all day at school, they come home and that bucket overflows. My husband even noticed this last night in our too child and he said is this her overwhelm thing? And I said yep . I'm thankful he is becoming aware and we are working together to help her. I'm definitely going to work on checking myself, checking the things I say too. I loved the example you shared of telling your son come down stairs I want to talk to you. Wow this was all so good . Thank you." -- Mercedes R.
"Wow…you hit it out of the park tonight…one of the best classes I’ve ever taken!! Thank you for sharing your experiences, knowledge and incredible insight." -- Joani H.
"I am only 15 minutes into your webinar and I am amazed at what I have learned so far. You're incredible and the slide Does This Sound Like Your child? Describes my child perfectly. Everything on the card is her. She has all of them. I had to pause it because we have to go to our Cognitive Behavioral Therapist appointment. I tell everyone about your site and your products. Your planner is incredible too. I am so grateful that I found you." -- Happy Parent
"What a great webinar you hosted! It was very informative and helpful and has me looking at things completely differently. Looking forward to future webinars, and thanks again for the wonderful information!" -- Webinar participant
"Thank you a million for sending me the webinar. I just listened to it tonight. FANTASTIC!!! I have promoted Leslie in my school and I will communicate more." -- Floriane P.
We Also Recommend
FREE ONLINE VIDEO: The Student Coaches' Corner - How To Build a Successful Student in the 21st Century
ONLINE VIDEO: Executive Functions 201 - Thriving and Surviving Parenting a Child with Executive Dysfunction