COMPLETE SET: Navigating the College Landscape - Preparing HS Students w/ Attention Differences For the Transition
Purchase the COMPLETE SET of 1 VIDEO + 3 Printable eGuides and SAVE 10%!
Navigating the college process can be overwhelming for most students, but it’s a particularly daunting challenge for those with learning and attention disorders. Bottom line? There is no test for your student to take to score college readiness. And if you need more proof? According to the NCES (2020), 72% of post-secondary students with a disability drop out of college. Staggering, right?
I feel your worry and concern. I vividly remember watching my son navigate the transition from high school to college and all the responsibilities that came with it. A wise man once told me that college is 70% life skills and 30% study skills, and it’s that 70% that sets you up for success in both learning and in life. To this day, I believe that to be true.
Academic skills are super important; don’t get me wrong. But in my experience, they are more easily learned than life skills. As an Academic/Life coach for college students with ADHD and LD, I’ve seen my coaching students learn effective study skills. However, in my experience, day-to-day success tends to flow most from the life skills I help my students establish.
The COMPLETE SET Includes
1. One-hour ONLINE VIDEO: Navigating the College Landscape: Preparing High School Students With Attention Differences For The Transition that covers the following topics:
- Navigating the college’s Student/Disability Office and the essential questions needed to be asked.
- Demystifying college accommodations – or why your student can’t bring his IEP to college -- and breakdown the supports and accommodations that may be available.
- The essential life and school skills needed for student success OR how to truly measure college readiness.
- How to utilize the college’s academic and tutoring resources and accommodations and get your student to use them!
- Learning how to find the perfect academic coach and integrate them into your student’s college life.
- The REAL college dorm, school, and supply list NOT found at Bed, Bath and Beyond, and my ONE out-of-the-box tip to make the transition seamless.
CHECK OUT THIS SNEAK PEEK OF THE ONLINE VIDEO!
2. PRINTABLE eGUIDE: The College Application Checklist: Your Guide to Deadlines, Tasks & Requirements - This printable, easy-to-use workbook is a COMPLETE CHECKLIST that covers the college application process from beginning to end with space to take notes. With reminders for application submissions, essays, recommendations, interviews, campus tours, and so much more, this guide will help you keep track and complete all college application deadlines, tasks, and requirements on time and with ease.
3. PRINTABLE eGUIDE: Questions You Should Ask a College’s Office of Student Disability Services - This printable, easy-to-use workbook is loaded with GUIDED QUESTIONS and space to take notes. It's designed specifically to help parents get A's to their Q's so they can prepare their students for college and take advantage of all the resources offered.
4. PRINTABLE eGUIDE: The College Packing List That Goes Beyond Bed, Bath & Beyond - This incredibly user-friendly list of MUST HAVES, carefully curated by our team of experts is packed with direct links to our favorite products to help you ensure your student is fully prepared for college life.
HERE'S HOW TO WATCH YOUR VIDEO:
- After you complete the check out process you will have IMMEDIATE access to watch these videos online, as long as you are logged into your Customer Account. Full instructions and access to the video viewing pages can be found on YOUR VIDEOS page.
- At checkout you will get a link to download our QUICKSTART GUIDE of step-by-step instructions.
- There is NO VIEWING LIMIT. Watch and re-watch the videos you have purchased as many times as you like.
- PLEASE NOTE: If you have previously purchased this as a VIDEO DOWNLOAD, YOU DO NOT NEED TO PURCHASE IT AGAIN. All of your videos are available to watch online in YOUR Learning Library.
HERE'S HOW TO DOWNLOAD YOUR eGUIDES:
After you complete the checkout process you can download your file from the confirmation page and you will also receive a separate email with the same link. Please download your file(s) and save them on your device ASAP. Once you download the file(s) it is yours to keep permanently. The link to download file(s) will expire 30 days after purchase.
Order Out of Chaos is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com.
We Also Recommend
ONLINE VIDEO: Executive Functions 201 - Thriving and Surviving Parenting a Child with Executive Dysfunction