ONLINE VIDEO: Creating Independent & Responsible Kids: An Expert's Interview
How do you get your children to take ownership of their time, tasks, projects and priorities?
How can we as parents stop telling our children constantly what to do, how to do it and even when?
In this 45-minute video interview, Leslie sits down with Andrea Zacharias, CPC, and teaches us her signature “coach approach” style that helps children learn strategies and techniques that foster independence, competency and resiliency.
She also dives into the difference between scaffolding and helicopter parenting, why asking questions is the key to building routines and rituals, and why it's the parents' job to set parameters and the child's job to negotiate them.
Topics in this 45-minute ONLINE video include:
- Understanding the mindset that all parents need to have to be able to foster independency.
- How to know when to be a hands-on or a hands-off parent and striking the perfect balance.
- The ONE question EVERY parent needs to be asking their child to instill resourcefulness.
- Why your child doesn't have to have the answers but needs to be asking the questions.
- Leslie’s simple 3-STEP process to use to build habits and routines.
CHECK OUT THIS SNEAK PEEK OF THE ONLINE VIDEO!
HERE'S HOW TO WATCH YOUR VIDEO:
- After you complete the check out process you will have IMMEDIATE access to watch these videos online, as long as you are logged into your Customer Account. Full instructions and access to the video viewing pages can be found on YOUR VIDEOS page.
- At checkout you will get a link to download our QUICK START GUIDE of step-by-step instructions.
- There is NO VIEWING LIMIT. Watch and re-watch the videos you have purchased as many times as you like.
- PLEASE NOTE: If you have previously purchased this as a VIDEO DOWNLOAD, YOU DO NOT NEED TO PURCHASE IT AGAIN. All of your videos are available to watch online in YOUR Learning Library.
What People Are Saying...
"My daughter started weeping at 10PM on a Sunday night and I used your "parade of miserables" idea to calm her down and walk her backwards through the issue (and through many twists and turns) until I got to the crux of the matter. In the past, I would’ve been completely flummoxed and instead I was empowered with the right tool to be there to support her. Thank you again for all that you do!" -- Sherri R.
"I just wanted to Thank you so much for your Webinar on Homework. I have NEVER had a webinar, class or talk HELP ME MORE THAN YOUR HOMEWORK WEBINAR. I can't Thank you enough. The most valuable part of the webinar for me was on How Much HELP should I give my child...I watched the webinar a second time with my daughter and she hugged me for showing it to her." -- Barbara L.
"Wow…you hit it out of the park tonight…one of the best classes I’ve ever taken!! Thank you for sharing your experiences, knowledge and incredible insight." -- Joani H.
"I am only 15 minutes into your webinar and I am amazed at what I have learned so far. You're incredible and the slide Does this Sound Like Your child? Describes my child perfectly. Everything on the card is her. She has all of them. I had to pause it because we have to go to our Cognitive Behavioral Therapist appointment. I tell everyone about your site and your products. Your planner is incredible to. I am so grateful that I found you." -- Happy Parent
"What a great webinar you hosted! It was very informative and helpful, and has me looking at things completely differently. Looking forward to future webinars, and thanks again for the wonderful information!" -- Webinar participant
We Also Recommend